Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas

We recently bought a Samsung side-by-side refrigerator from Bing Lee in Carlingford. It came with a special Christmas bonus. It was a huge 5.8-kg frozen turkey. This gave us a bit of a headache as we don't know what to do with it.
Luckily, my daughter Veronica will be back from Canberra for the Christmas holiday. We will give Veronica this big piece of meat. We will also give her some suggested recipes of turkey meals from Woolworths. This will keep Veronica busy during the holidays, making turkey meals every day, and we will hear Veronica sing with joy:

"On the first day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - turkey pie.
On the second day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - turkey soup.
On the third day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - turkey salad.
On the fourth day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - turkey sandwich.
On the fifth day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - roast turkey.
On the sixth day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - BBQ turkey.
On the seventh day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - stuffed turkey.
On the eighth day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - sweet and sour turkey.
On the ninth day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - deep fried turkey.
On the tenth day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - turkey pasta.
On the eleventh day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - turkey pudding.
On the twelfth day of X'mas, my true love sent to me - turkey cake."

We envisage, after the holiday, Veronica will be more like a turkey :) and we will have the big animal disappeared from our fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment