Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Change for Good

I went to the McDonald's with my son. We ordered some food for a total of $4.15. I gave the girl at the counter a $5 note, one 10-cent coin and one 5-cent coin. I was hoping to get a $1 coin back for change.
The girl seemed perplexed, apparently thinking I was paying too much. She said, "It's only $4.15, sir." I said, "I know. Can I get the change?" She hesitated for a second, and turned to the manager behind her for help. The manager stepped forward, and said, "No worries. Let's do it one thing at a time."

1. The manager gave me my 10-cent and 5-cent coins.
2. He gave the girl my $5 note, and repeated my order.
3. The girl proceeded very smoothly, and gave me the food and 85 cents in change.
4. I took the whole bunch of loose coins and the food, and left the counter.
Motto: Don't confuse the cashier.

No comments:

Post a Comment