Monday, August 13, 2012

What Have You Missed in Your Life?

"What have you missed in your life?" The wife asked the husband when she was 25. Despondently the husband replied, "I missed a chance for promotion."
When she was 35, the wife asked again. Angrily the husband told her, "I just missed the bus."
At 45, annoyingly the husband said, "I missed the meeting with my client."
At 55, disappointingly the husband said, "I missed a good chance to retire."
At 65, hurriedly the husband replied, "I missed a dental appointment."
At 75, the wife didn't ask the husband anymore. The husband sat beside her bed who was very sick in the hospital. Remembering what the wife used to ask him all over the years, the husband asked her the same question. The wife reflected for a moment, smiled and answered peacefully and contentedly, "I have not missed having you with me in my life."
Deeply moved, the husband tried hard to hold his tears. He held the wife's hand tight. Regretfully he said to her, "I think I have missed the dearest and deepest love in these 50 years."

Life and love are very simple. While we are busy in life pursuing riches and fame which could be trivial when we look back, we might have neglected the most faithful and precious love already in our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment