Friday, November 26, 2010

Bad Pronunciation

I seemed to have countless stories with the McDonalds.

One day I went to the McDonalds to buy a chocolate sundae. Being a senior, I have the privilege of having a complementary drink together with any purchase in McDonalds. So I asked the girl at the counter for a "free fruit fizz". As happened a few times already, I was again mistaken as asking for a fillet-o-fish. I was then given a fillet-o-fish burger with my chocolate sundae. With a bit of difficulty, I explained to the girl what I asked was a fruit fizz drink and not a fillet-o-fish burger. The girl apologized, and gave me the fruit fizz drink. I then returned the fillet-o-fish burger to the girl. But the girl said since the burger had already been made, I might just as well take it. So I ended up having a few freebies as result of my bad pronunciation.

Sometimes, a bad thing really isn't too bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment