Saturday, November 7, 2009

Toylet Story

I had an artery bypass operation in 2006. I was in the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney for the surgery. The first 2 days, I was in a complete coma in the Intensive Care Unit under life supporting devices. The third day, I began to wake up. The fourth day, I was allowed out of the bed for simple movements.
I went to the toilet. After bowel movements, I tried to grab a few tissue papers to wipe the poo. Somehow the toilet roll slipped off my hand and fell onto the floor. It was just a few inches from my feet. I tried to pick it up. I kept on reminding myself that any minor accident at that time might be catastrophic. I moved in extreme slow motions. I stretched my arm. I bent down. I lowered my body in order to reach the roll. After 15 minute, I realized I was not able to pick up the toilet roll myself. Without risking further, I pressed the button and call the nurse to come in and help.

It might be little, simple and trivial. For a person needing help, a very tiny piece could be a most precious one.

No comments:

Post a Comment